Job Title: IS Application AnalystApply Now
Overview of Providence:
At Providence, we use our voice to advocate for vulnerable populations and needed reforms in health care. We pursue innovative ways to transform health care by keeping people healthy, and making our services more convenient, accessible and affordable for all. In an increasingly uncertain world, we are committed to high-quality; compassionate health care for everyone—regardless of coverage or ability to pay. We help people and communities benefit from the best health care model for the future—today.
Together, our 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 1000 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington in United States.
Providence Information Service (commonly known as Information technology) is aimed to digitally enable our vision of Health for a better world. We make use of multiple technological stack spread across Microsoft, Oracle, JAVA, Python and many new open sources.
Providence Global Center recently launched in Hyderabad, India as Global Capability Center for Providence looking to leverage the India talent to help meet our global vision and scale our Information Services and products to the world of Cloud.
Positions at this level demonstrate full use and application of standard principles, theories, and concepts related to technical discipline and provide solution to a variety of moderately complex problems. Lead small projects, and play a key role in the implementation of new or revised systems requirements or procedures. Analyse user requirements, develop and implement systems for moderately complex processes. Initiate course correction to stay on schedule while providing professional support for a large multi-facility healthcare organization. Supports and sustains established effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts, vendors, and stakeholders on behalf of Providence St. Joseph Health and Services. Works collaboratively with colleagues across PSJHS in delivery of specific cross departmental projects and efforts. Actively support and incorporate the mission and core values into daily activities. Treat all others with respect and demonstrate excellence, justice and compassion in daily work and relationships with others.
- Work collaboratively with clients to determine information and data requirements. Evaluate and report on a variety of topics, sometimes complex in nature.
- Communicate with customers on efficient, effective use of application resources, and create related documentation as necessary.
- Work with internal teams to support business decisions. In collaboration with team and other appropriate resources, use professional knowledge and judgment in making decisions or recommending a course of action to meet business needs.
- Demonstrates service excellence and positive interpersonal relationships in dealing with others, including patients/families/members, employees, managers, medical staff, volunteers, and community members, so that productivity and positive relations are maximized.
- Applies standards, concepts and theories related to technical discipline to provide solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Prepares documentation and assist in documenting and defining workflows.
- Participate in projects and assist project leaders as needed.
- Synthesizes data, information, and knowledge to analyze multiple approaches/solutions to issues or problems.
- Collaborates with peers to create and maintain standard team specific documentation.
- Identify and communicate issues and risks, working with team and supervisors to escalate as appropriate through areas affected.
- Translate business needs into system configuration and workflow validations.
- Understands the components of building test plans, and builds and participates in the development of test plans.
- Able to define and meet individual goals consistent with organizational mission, quality, budget, customers, and financial results.
- Works with team to plan and coordinate downtime, change management, maintenance, and upgrade activities.
- Ability to travel as required
- Perform rotational on-call responsibilities.
- Competent in supporting the technical, operational and application needs of appropriate moderately complex applications or subcomponents of a highly complex application.
- Skilled in information collection and troubleshooting root cause of application failures.
- Knowledgeable of application architecture.
- Ability to develop test plans for appropriate small to moderately complex applications or individual modules of highly complex application.
- Knowledgeable of database configurations, basic queries and elements.
- Able to participate in identifying ways to enhance or improve programs, processes and systems.
- Able to participate in small to medium internal project work with moderate complexity and moderate risk.
- Demonstrated ability to network collaboratively with team members, line managers and supervisors.
- Able to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Skilled communicator, both oral and written. Skilled in working collaboratively, courteously and tactfully with difficult situations and/or people to recognize issues and solve problems. Able to adapt communication style to meet needs of others.
- Able to respect confidentiality of all information, especially related to patients, medical staff and employees.
- Able to set challenging objectives and works against self-defined standards of excellence to continually improve personal performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Applicable Epic Certification may be required within 3 months of last class required for certification.
- Any certifications relating to software applications, technology infrastructure and or clinical specializations are an advantage
- Certifications must be kept up to date.
- Some application suites require advanced current clinical knowledge and expertise (Pharmacist, Registered Nurse, LPN, Therapist) as demonstrated by a current state license.
- 2 years functional experience
- 2 years in healthcare and or IS setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or Information Services or equivalent education/experience.