Job Title: Service EngineerApply Now
Overview of Providence:
At Providence, we use our voice to advocate for vulnerable populations and needed reforms in health care. We pursue innovative ways to transform health care by keeping people healthy, and making our services more convenient, accessible and affordable for all. In an increasingly uncertain world, we are committed to high-quality; compassionate health care for everyone—regardless of coverage or ability to pay. We help people and communities benefit from the best health care model for the future—today.
Together, our 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 1000 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington in United States.
Providence Information Service (commonly known as Information technology) is aimed to digitally enable our vision of Health for a better world. We make use of multiple technological stack spread across Microsoft, Oracle, JAVA, Python and many new open sources.
Providence Global Center recently launched in Hyderabad, India as Global Capability Center for Providence looking to leverage the India talent to help meet our global vision and scale our Information Services and products to the world of Cloud.
- Work alongside IT teams providing oversight and implementation in core data centers and healthcare settings.
- Have a start up mind-set; take ownership of assigned environments, operations and initiatives, and look for ways to continually improve caregiver satisfaction.
- Foster a trusting and safe environment where team members can raise problems without fear of blame, retribution or being judged, and focused on remediation, prevention and excellence.
- Ensure production solutions are reliable, resilient, secure and effective and that implemented solutions are continuously monitored and documented.
- Facilitate collaboration, transparent communication and alignment. Communicate progress toward major initiatives to management.
- Actively take part in disaster recovery drills and in improving methods. Participate as needed in incident response management including during non-working hours.
- Follow problems through to conclusion, solving it once and for all. Extrapolate from past experiences and deliver innovations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Strong scripting and coding skills including one or more of the following: PowerShell, DSC, or C#. Proven experience in driving automation is a plus.
- Wide depth of knowledge and experience working with several Windows server technologies
- An ability to manage complex and large scale technical solutions
- Extensive operational experience in deploying and managing Microsoft solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- An ability to deal with sensitive customer issues
- An ability to provide technical input into bid, project and technical documents
- An ability to manage time and multi-task effectively.
- An existing Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent
- Perform system engineering design work for Core Windows Services, PKI, ADFS, and Windows Active Directory.
- Support and maintenance of the operating systems and related utility software including patch management.
- Build, install and configure server systems in a physical and virtual environment.
- Should be able to work on rotational escalation/ on-call responsibilities
- Understand the business and define what is technically needed to meet strategic objectives and the day-to-day running of the service. This includes identification and innovation of new service capabilities that meets customer and security requirements.
- Identify service improvements and develop and design tools that will streamline the service to improve end-user experiences and lower operating costs.
- After design, build, and initial pilot of solutions, ensure appropriate transition to Service Availability / Operations teams to run the new solutions. Transition work includes documentation such as a technical specs and deployment guides to name a couple, and training of operations personnel.
- Work closely with the Product Groups to deploy pre-released software, to provide product timely feedback, and to drive improvements into the products.
- Service Engineering experience must have the ability and willingness to work under a DevOps model as part of a rotational escalation on-call team.
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012 and 2016)
- Active Directory
- Exchange Server (2010, 2013 and 2016)
- Office 365
- Azure / Cloud Technologies
- App Dev Principles and Experience
- VMware ESXi 5.5/6.0
- Windows and hardware clustering technologies
- Proven capability to effectively work in teams, collaborate, communicate, and deliver on accountabilities
- 2-5 years of experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or similar field.
- Master's Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or similar field.