Job Title: Software DeveloperApply Now
Overview of Providence:
At Providence, we use our voice to advocate for vulnerable populations and needed reforms in health care. We pursue innovative ways to transform health care by keeping people healthy, and making our services more convenient, accessible and affordable for all. In an increasingly uncertain world, we are committed to high-quality; compassionate health care for everyone—regardless of coverage or ability to pay. We help people and communities benefit from the best health care model for the future—today.
Together, our 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 1000 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington in United States.
Providence Information Service (commonly known as Information technology) is aimed to digitally enable our vision of Health for a better world. We make use of multiple technological stack spread across Microsoft, Oracle, JAVA, Python and many new open sources.
Providence Global Center recently launched in Hyderabad, India as Global Capability Center for Providence looking to leverage the India talent to help meet our global vision and scale our Information Services and products to the world of Cloud.
The Software Engineer takes end-to-end ownership for development and quality of solutions and services that delight caregivers and add strategic value to Providence St. Joseph Health. They evaluate requirements, estimate costs, and design and implement solutions and services. They define and implement the quality criteria for their solutions and services, using measurements and insights to understand and validate the quality of experience for caregivers. They manage and improve the engineering process, manage risks, dependencies, and compromises, and integrate software into broader ecosystems and/or solutions and services. They consistently and strongly demonstrate a sense of personal accountability for the quality and completeness of the entire solution or service and resulting caregiver experience.
Staff in this role understand and apply commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of software engineering, and can resolve a variety of basic to moderately complex issues. They meet defined commitments and deadlines and effectively communicate status and risks to all stakeholders. They may receive detailed instructions on new projects or unfamiliar areas. They contribute to the functional and technical design/test design and test content, but someone more senior is usually the lead engineer.
- 3 years in Professional software development experience.
- 3 years in One modern language such as C#.NET, or Java/Spring framework.
- 3 years in SQL, NoSQL, and Stored Procedures.
- 1 year in Azure, Cloud Services
- 2 years software development in a healthcare environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of data structure and algorithms and how to appropriately utilize them.
- Expertise of at least one popular programming language such as .Net, C#, Java or equivalent
- Working knowledge of source code control systems such as Git and how to successfully use them in within a single team
- Working knowledge of basic testing techniques such as smoke and acceptance testing and debugging techniques such as instrumentation
- Working knowledge of Operating System usage and configuration such as Windows / Linux and TCP based networking
- Working knowledge of how to perform basic queries to extract data from structured (SQL) and/or unstructured (noSQL) solutions
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, or Kanban
- Basic knowledge of cloud technologies, including but not limited to, Azure, AWS, and private cloud infrastructures
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to perform work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload to ensure that timeframes are met, and the work is successfully completed within deadlines
- Possess strong technical aptitude and commitment to quality
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or other Engineering Degree
Associates Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or other Engineering Degree with 2 or more years of software development experience.Apply Now